Knoxville, TN 37923
Phone: (865) 694-9900
Mon, Tues,Th 10 am - 8 pm
Wed,Fri 10 am - 6 pm Saturday 10 am - 4 pm Sunday Closed <><
Welcome to The Yarn Haven
...a Place to Learn, Share, & Be Creative
Voted Best Arts & Crafts Shop in Knoxville in 2009 & 2010
- Pick 3 small businesses you would miss if they disappeared.
- Spend $50 at each per month.
For more information,
click on the 3/50 project
If you would like to be added to our email list, just email us. Be sure to give us your first and last name.
(We never share your email address with anyone else.)
January Winning Tickets in our "Go Green" Program
Don't take a bag with your purchase and you'll get a ticket which enters you into a drawing for a $10 gift certificate. Winning numbers will be posted the 1st day of each month here on our website. You have until the end of the month to claim your prize. Help us protect our environment... and get the chance to win a little something for yourself.
Take Knitting Daily with you on the go in this new FREE mobile app for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Read the latest Knitting Daily blog posts and watch more than 100 of your favorite knitting videos wherever you are and whenever you want. Just click on the logo to get your free download.
Here are some samples of knitting and crocheting projects that you can learn to do in one of our project classes or in a Weekly Class.
Yarn Haven Rewards
Come in and pick up a punch card. Present card each time you check out. Punches will be given in $5.00 increments for your total purchase (excluding classes). Once all $ are punched, present card with next purchase for a $10 reward!
It's our way of saying "Thank you for shopping at The Yarn Haven."
We have knitting, crocheting, spinning, weaving, tatting & felting supplies.
We also have over 500 unique buttons and size 6 & 8 seed beads to add to your projects.
We have Market Days
twice a year in January and in May. Click on the logo above to print out your tags.
For the month of March, we are encouraging you to do some yarn spring cleaning by having a UFO Contest. It's time to let go of the guilt of not finishing your projects!
Crafting isn't only about the end result. The process of making something is very therapeutic. But completing a project has a certain sense of accomplishment that is also needed.
Here's how to go about your yarn spring cleaning...
1. Print out a UFO list to record your UFOs by clicking here.
2. Lay out all of your unfinished projects and make a list of each one putting down the pattern name, the yarn used and what percentage you have left to do.
3. Turn in your list by Monday, March 5 to the shop. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself.
4. Tackle the project that is almost finished first (i.e. has the lowest percentage to go.) This will motivate you to keep going and give you that sense of achievement that comes with completing a project.
5. Bring in your finished project for us to celebrate with you and take a picture to share in our newsletter.
5. Then go to the next percentage number and finish that one. Continue working down the percentage numbers until your list is finished or by March 30...whichever comes first.
6. All projects must be brought in and photographed by Saturday, March 31.
The person who finishes the highest percentage of UFOs
will win a special prize.
Then in April. we’ll all be ready to start
new spring projects…and finish them!
Join us as we feature a different project each month to knit or crochet.
For March, our knitting pattern is the Double Striped Moebius designed by our own Mimi Kezer. It uses 1 skein of the Noro Taiyo Aran and 1 skein of Noro Silk Garden Solo as a contrasting solid. It's a beautiful, high-impact accessory that you will love wearing this spring since the yarn is mostly cotton & silk with very little wool.
For crocheters...it's the Pompeii Moebius using 3 skeins of Noro Taiyo Aran. These strips of crochet fabric have a pretty flower centered in the rows. The addition of large chains at the beginning of each row is an important design feature to join the strips into a spiraling fabric. The edging is worked seamlessly right onto the moebius in one continuous round.
Bring in your project each month and let us take a picture of it. You will be entered into our quarterly drawing for a $25 gift certificate. You get entered each time you finish one of our monthly projects. So if you do a project in January, February & March, you’ll have 3 entries with a chance to win. Be sure to tell the shop girl you are doing the monthly KAL/CAL to get a 10% discount on your yarn.
Join us as we knit and crochet together in 2018!