You guessed it, this 2 ply yarn makes a practically perfect pair of socks! Made with 80% Superwash Merino Wool and 20% Nylon, this yarn is machine washable and has the perfect amount of stretch for a crazy comfortable pair of socks. Each 100g skein has 400 yards of gorgeous color, so you’ll just need one for a pair of socks, but this yarn is also great in other garments, shawls and wraps. Each skein is hand dyed with love and care by Emma and Aspen.
I specifically picked out variegated colorways and solid/tonal colorways to pair up. Here's what I put together, but you are welcome to make up your own combination.
- Hot Tamale & Foxy Lady
- 10 Questions & Floridian Zest
- Main Squeeze & Don't Call Me Peaches
- It's Sherberthday & Briar Rose
- Wing It & Denim
- Lake Days & Heliotrope
- Nailed It & Wish You Were Beer
- Ghost Stories & Barking Up the Wrong Tree
- Orbit & Twilight
- Bare Necessities & Set Sail
- Calypso & Tealicious
- Turtle Haven & Pure
- Juneau & Zuni
- Iguana & Ice Ice Baby
- Happily Ever After & Just Add Salt
- Farmers Market & Kale
- Yarn Husband & Take a Hike
Be sure to also look at pages 1 and 2 of Emma's Yarn Practically Perfect Sock!!
Featured Patterns: The Local Yarn Shawl (knit) by Casapinka is a boomerang shaped shawl, consisting of a simple lace, textured, eyelet and mesh stitches. The pattern is written for 2 sizes: small and large. The small shawl only consists of one color (560 yards), while the large shawl uses two contrasting or "blendy" colors (350 yards each.) Finished sizes are: Small 58” along neck edge by 13” tall and Large 78” along neck edge by 18” tall. You will need either 1 skein of Emma's Yarn to make the small or 2 coordinating colors to make the large shawl. You will also need either size 4-32" or size 6-32" circular knitting needle (depending on which one gives you a gauge of 5.5 stitches per inch. Check out masaag's photo from Ravelry using the "Zuni" and "Happily Ever After" colorways.
The Bobble Gum shawl (crochet) by Lisa Cook is a boomerang shaped shawl with crocheted bobble stitches. Love the tassels tied to the ends. Unblocked it is approximately 59" x 32". You will need 3 coordinating skeins of Emma's Yarn and a size G crochet hook. Lisa's photo shows the "Briar Rose", "Buttonwood", and "Glamping" colorways.
We will send one of these patterns free with purchase of a skein or more of Emma's Yarn Practically Perfect Sock. Please let me know in the notes section of your cart which pattern you would like to receive.
Emma's Yarn Practically Perfect Sock - Page 3
USPS Priority Mail – we offer free shipping if your subtotal for shipped items is over $100, otherwise we charge a flat rate of $7. Orders typically take 2 - 3 days to arrive once they leave our shop.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase. If you receive an item that is not to your liking in some way, please know you are welcome to return it for store credit. You have 30 days from your purchase date to request a return. Please note:
- The item must be unopened and in the same condition as when you received it, and
- We are unable to accept returns of gift certificates, patterns, books, and needles.
We do not refund the original shipping cost, nor do we pay for the return shipping. If your returned items provided you free shipping on your order, we will need to deduct the difference from your refund.
If you would like to return one or more items from your order…
- Email us (email@example.com) with your name, order number, and item(s) you wish to return.
- Wait for our email confirmation with directions for shipping the item(s) back.
- Ship the items as directed (you might consider insuring your return since we can only give you a refund for items that actually arrive back to us safely).
- We will email you a confirmation after we have processed your return and issued your credit, typically within 2 business days of receiving the return.