I asked Shauna at Farm Girl Fibers to hand-dye up a custom colorway for us. The inspiration for this colorway was Kristina Plaas' photograph of the Little River in the Smoky Mountains National Park. I wanted a colorway that was calm and peaceful...like this mountain stream. This variegated colorway is the first of many custom colorways we hope to get from Farm Girl Fibers. This one is to celebrate our transitioning from a brick and mortar shop to Your Local Yarn Shop ONLINE.
I picked the knitted pattern "Perfectly Good Wednesday" by Alyssa Coffey because it featured many different textured stitches. It was designed to celebrate small moments of clarity and joy amidst uncertainty.
The crochet shawl I picked is "Just Breathe" by CJ Brady. This is a shawl that will calm your soul as you relax and just breathe & enjoy your crafting. Both of these triangular shawls seemed a perfect fit for this custom colorway yarn.
- Weight: Fingering
- Texture: plied
- Yardage: 435 yds/ 400 m
- Skein weight: 100 gms/ 3.53 oz
- Gauge: 7 sts = 1"
- Needle size: US 6 - 32" circular needle for "Perfectly Good Wednesday" pattern
- Hook size: US size G for "Just Breathe" pattern
- Fiber Content: 85% superwash merino wool/ 15% nylon
- Care: Machine wash, lay flat to dry
I only have 30 skeins, so be sure to place your order ASAP. To celebrate our "reopening", I'll purchase the pattern from the designers and give you either the knitted or crochet pattern FREE with your purchase. Please let me know in the notes section of the cart which pattern you would like to receive.
Farm Girl Fibers "Mountain Stream" Custom Dyeing
USPS Priority Mail – we offer free shipping if your subtotal for shipped items is over $100, otherwise we charge a flat rate of $7. Orders typically take 2 - 3 days to arrive once they leave our shop.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase. If you receive an item that is not to your liking in some way, please know you are welcome to return it for store credit. You have 30 days from your purchase date to request a return. Please note:
- The item must be unopened and in the same condition as when you received it, and
- We are unable to accept returns of gift certificates, patterns, books, and needles.
We do not refund the original shipping cost, nor do we pay for the return shipping. If your returned items provided you free shipping on your order, we will need to deduct the difference from your refund.
If you would like to return one or more items from your order…
- Email us (email@example.com) with your name, order number, and item(s) you wish to return.
- Wait for our email confirmation with directions for shipping the item(s) back.
- Ship the items as directed (you might consider insuring your return since we can only give you a refund for items that actually arrive back to us safely).
- We will email you a confirmation after we have processed your return and issued your credit, typically within 2 business days of receiving the return.