Raggi Yarn is the father of all sock yarns, and Jarbo Garn’s biggest pride. The wonderful composition of superwash wool and polyamide makes the yarn durable, and therefore perfect for socks. Raggi Yarn is also lovely worked in everything from sweaters and hats to mittens and scarves. The yarn works as good for knitting as for crocheting. This Aran weight yarn is perfect for making boot socks. Because of the classic styling of the Raggi it is great for first time sock knitters. The easy machine wash-ability of the yarn gives the user easy care.
Yardage: 165 yds/150 m
Skein Weight: 100 gm (3.53 oz)
Gauge: 4.25-4.75 sts = 1"
Needle Size: US 7-8/4.5-5mm
Fiber Content: 70% superwash wool/ 30% nylon
Care: machine wash and dry, do not use fabric softener
Features patterns: Easy Peasy Socks for First-Timers (knit) by Stacey Trock are a great way to learn how to knit socks. In fact, the pattern is especially designed with the first-time sock knitter in mind. Worsted weight socks are warm and work up quickly. You will need size 5 double-pointed needles and 1 skein of Jarbo Raggi for an "average" foot...2 skeins if your foot is a little bigger.
Stretchy Crochet Socks (crochet) by Lisa Fulcher uses the sideways technique to help these socks to be stretchy like knitted ones. You will need a size L crochet hook and 2 skeind of Raggi.
We will give you one of these patterns for free with purchase of a skein or more of Jarbo Raggi. Please let us know in the notes section of your cart which pattern you would like to receive.
USPS Priority Mail – we offer free shipping if your subtotal for shipped items is over $100, otherwise we charge a flat rate of $7. Orders typically take 2 - 3 days to arrive once they leave our shop.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase. If you receive an item that is not to your liking in some way, please know you are welcome to return it for store credit. You have 30 days from your purchase date to request a return. Please note:
- The item must be unopened and in the same condition as when you received it, and
- We are unable to accept returns of gift certificates, patterns, books, and needles.
We do not refund the original shipping cost, nor do we pay for the return shipping. If your returned items provided you free shipping on your order, we will need to deduct the difference from your refund.
If you would like to return one or more items from your order…
- Email us (email@example.com) with your name, order number, and item(s) you wish to return.
- Wait for our email confirmation with directions for shipping the item(s) back.
- Ship the items as directed (you might consider insuring your return since we can only give you a refund for items that actually arrive back to us safely).
- We will email you a confirmation after we have processed your return and issued your credit, typically within 2 business days of receiving the return.