Designed by Ronnie Eldridge
Photo by LorrieH on Ravelry
Knitters at the level of Advanced Beginner through Expert will enjoy creating this fashionable, innovative yet classic poncho. The “Knotted Chain” Poncho is a versatile piece for every occasion and is full of gentle elegance making it a wardrobe staple.
The poncho was designed incorporating the new, innovative fashion-forward 3-D “Knotted Chain” giving the garment a fresh, classic look. It is framed by I-cord trim giving it soft edges and a beautiful, supple drape to the neckline. The long lines of the “knotted Chain” are universally flattering for all body types. One size fits most but can be easily modified.
Although this project may look complicated, the pattern includes written, charted and simple step-by-step instruction for all techniques making this a surprisingly fast and easy knit.
Poncho is knit bottom-up in a single rectangular piece seamless with no provisional cast-on, no I-cord, no cable needle, no grafting and no sewing.
Any DK weight fiber with good stitch definition and a beautiful drape will make a classy poncho you will be proud to wear. You will need 5 skeins of Hikoo Sueno.
Size 6 (4mm), 36” circular knitting needle and an extra straight knitting needle or size to obtain gauge. Extra needle used in making knotted chain strip and 3-needle bind off.
Size 7 (4.5mm), 16” circular knitting needle for collar/cowl/bind-off.
• 3 small stitch holders or 1 ½” safety pins
• Stitch Markers (4)
• Waste yarn 70” long. Used as stitch holder
• Tapestry Needle to weave in ends
Pattern has both written instruction and charts.
If you'd like to have this pattern added to your Ravelry library, please put your Ravelry user name in the notes section of your cart before checking out.
This pattern is the featured pattern for Hikoo Sueno yarn and will be sent free with the purchase of a skein or more of Hikoo Sueno or you can purchase it directly.
Knotted Chain Poncho
USPS Priority Mail – we offer free shipping if your subtotal for shipped items is over $100, otherwise we charge a flat rate of $7. Orders typically take 2 - 3 days to arrive once they leave our shop.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase. If you receive an item that is not to your liking in some way, please know you are welcome to return it for store credit. You have 30 days from your purchase date to request a return. Please note:
- The item must be unopened and in the same condition as when you received it, and
- We are unable to accept returns of gift certificates, patterns, books, and needles.
We do not refund the original shipping cost, nor do we pay for the return shipping. If your returned items provided you free shipping on your order, we will need to deduct the difference from your refund.
If you would like to return one or more items from your order…
- Email us (email@example.com) with your name, order number, and item(s) you wish to return.
- Wait for our email confirmation with directions for shipping the item(s) back.
- Ship the items as directed (you might consider insuring your return since we can only give you a refund for items that actually arrive back to us safely).
- We will email you a confirmation after we have processed your return and issued your credit, typically within 2 business days of receiving the return.