Standard Crochet Hooks are now on sale in many sizes. Most of these hooks are made by Susan Bates and are made of Aluminum The only exceptions are some size C-2 which are made of QuickSilver and some size E-4 which are made of wood.
Standard hooks are identified with a letter, a number, and a millimeter size. Because these sizings can vary from company to company, it's best to rely on the millimeter (mm) sizing, which is an accurate measurement.
Regardless of the number, letter or millimeter sizing, always complete a gauge swatch and compare it to the pattern gauge information. If your swatch is larger than the pattern gauge, redo a swatch using a smaller hook or needle. Conversely, if your gauge swatch is too small, redo it using a larger hook or needle to obtain the gauge indicated in the pattern.
If you don't know which hook to use, you can match your hook size to your yarn weight.
Size B-1 is 2.25mm. This means that a size B crochet hook is the equivalent of a size 1 knitting needle. Both should be 2.25mm.
Size C-2 is 2.75mm
Size D-3 is 3.25mm
Size E-4 is 3.5 mm
Size F-5 is 4mm
Size G-6 is 4.5mm
Size H-8 is 5mm
Size I-9 is 5.5mm
Size J-10 is 6mm
Size K-10.5 is 6.5mm
Size L-11 is 8mm
Size M/N-13 is 9mm
Size N/P-15 is 10mm
Size P/Q-19 is 15mm
Standard Crochet Hooks
USPS Priority Mail – we offer free shipping if your subtotal for shipped items is over $100, otherwise we charge a flat rate of $7. Orders typically take 2 - 3 days to arrive once they leave our shop.
We hope that you are happy with your purchase. If you receive an item that is not to your liking in some way, please know you are welcome to return it for store credit. You have 30 days from your purchase date to request a return. Please note:
- The item must be unopened and in the same condition as when you received it, and
- We are unable to accept returns of gift certificates, patterns, books, and needles.
We do not refund the original shipping cost, nor do we pay for the return shipping. If your returned items provided you free shipping on your order, we will need to deduct the difference from your refund.
If you would like to return one or more items from your order…
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, order number, and item(s) you wish to return.
- Wait for our email confirmation with directions for shipping the item(s) back.
- Ship the items as directed (you might consider insuring your return since we can only give you a refund for items that actually arrive back to us safely).
- We will email you a confirmation after we have processed your return and issued your credit, typically within 2 business days of receiving the return.